Taunton School International are delighted to announce some unprecedented results from their one-year GCSE students – the third year in a row that results have improved. It is an incredible achievement for all the students to do so well in such a short space of time and in a second language.
• Our A* – A pass rate is the highest ever, with a hugely impressive 46% of students achieving the top two grades.
• Costanza Azzini, from Italy, achieved 8 GCSEs – a record of all A*s
• A* – B showed an increase on last year with a score of 66%
• A* – C was also up from last year, with 86% of students passing their GCSEs
• Maho Okada, from Japan, achieved 9 GCSEs – 6 A*s, 2 As, 1 B
• Juan Diego Fernandez Pottecher, from Spain, also achieved 9 GCSEs – 5 A*s, 3 As, 1 C
• Lizaveta Karpovich, from Belarussia, achieved a record 11 GCSEs – 4 A*s, 4 As, 2 Bs, 1 C
• Of the 30 students wishing to transfer to Taunton Senior School Sixth Form, the majority performed extremely well and have secured their places
• Six subjects achieved 100% pass rate: Art, History, Economics, ICT, Psychology and Music
• Several other subjects achieved a pass rate of over 80%: Maths, Biology, Additional Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Business Studies.
• Nga Man Cheng from Hong Kong achieved 4 A*s and 3 As. Mandy started with us last summer joining our Summer School before she started her GCSE programme.
• Napat Chirawichada from Thailand achieved 4 A*s, 2 As and a C. Napat studied at Taunton School International Middle School for a year before starting his GCSEs with us.
Adrian Hallworth, Principal of Taunton School International, said: “This is another set of outstanding results for Taunton School International. For the third year in a row, we have seen our results improve, and I am delighted that so many of our students have been rewarded for their hard work and endeavour. Of particular note this year are two students; one of our Italian students, who was also awarded the prestigious TSI Student of the Year 2017, achieved a remarkable 8 A* grades and a Belarusian student broke the record for the number of GCSEs passed in one year with 11 GCSE successes. Many more students achieved 7 or more passes at GCSE, and I congratulate them all on their achievements.
Naturally, none of this would be possibly without the hard work and commitment of the teachers and staff at Taunton School International and so I would like to take this opportunity of thanking them all for everything they have done to facilitate such excellent results.
Our GCSE results are phenomenal and I am confident that all of our students have been extremely well prepared for whatever faces them in the future. We wish them all good luck and best wishes as they continue their studies into the Sixth Form.
In a little over two weeks time, we start again and I very much look forward to welcoming the class of 2017-18 to Taunton where remarkable things can and do happen.”