Students are assessed regularly and once they have attained the appropriate academic level, they are considered for transfer into the equivalent year group within Taunton Preparatory School, Taunton School or Taunton School International.
For those wishing to transfer to another part of Taunton School, we make the process as simple and stress-free as possible, with a number of events throughout the year designed to provide our students with the best possible advice on their next steps.
These events include:
- Assemblies and PSHEE lessons to outline the different educational pathways that are available.
- Interviews with the Deputy Head Academic in the Autumn term to discuss GCSE options.
- Opportunities to visit the other Boarding Houses in the school to meet key pastoral staff.
- A meeting with the Head of the EAL department who offers international students continuous support with their studies for the duration of their time at the school.
- Opportunities for students to take part in educational trips offered by other parts of the school.
- Integration during games, clubs and evening and weekend activities means that students are familiar with all areas of the school campus. They often make friends with the British students in the course of the year whilst accessing all that is on offer.
Please note that students who show exceptional academic and/or co-curricular talent may be offered a position at Taunton School within 4 weeks of the start of the Autumn term.
We hope that all our International Middle School students will choose to remain at Taunton School through to Sixth Form but, if students wish to apply for other schools, we are happy to offer advice and assistance, where appropriate.