The Foundation Programme prepares international students for study in business-related disciplines at undergraduate level in UK universities and offers an alternative pathway to University from the more traditional A Level or IB programmes.
As the Foundation Programme is just one year, it provides students with a fast-track route onto Business-related undergraduate courses in British universities.
Not only do students receive an outstanding education in Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics, they also learn how to think critically and develop the necessary skills to become an autonomous learner, ready to take on the challenges of university life.
- Three terms of approximately 30 weeks, starting in September and ending in June
- 1 x Business Studies module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Mathematics module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Economics module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x IELTS module (3 hours/week)
- 1 x Study Skills module (3 hours/week)
- 4 x Supervised Study Periods (4 hours/week)
- Private study (10 hours/week)
- 650 hours of directed study
- 450 hours (minimum) of additional independent study
- Frequent and structured mentoring sessions with a personal tutor
- Maximum class size of 12 students
- Lessons from Monday morning to Saturday afternoon
- Personalised careers advice
- Guidance and support for university applications
- Sport on Tuesdays &/or Thursdays (students can choose their sport/activity)
- After-school clubs – optional
- No uniform – students are expected to wear their own suits
- Full boarding in single rooms
- Students must be 17 or 18 years old (at the start of the course)
- IELTS 5.0 or CEFR B2
- 1 A Level (grade E or higher) OR 2 AS Levels (Grade E or higher) OR 5 GCSEs at Level 4 or above (Grade 5 in Mathematics) OR successful completion of 12 years of school education
- Where no external Mathematics qualification has been achieved, students will need to sit and pass an internally-assessed Mathematics test
- Keen interest in Business Studies and preferably, have studied this subject (or similar) to approximately GCSE level
- £12,750 per term (£38,250 per annum)
- Non-refundable Registration fee of £150
- Deposit of one-term’s fees to be paid on acceptance of place
- What is included in the price: all learning materials, accommodation, 3 meals/day, laundry, wifi, most after-school activities, access to facilities on the 56-acre campus.
- Extras (may incur additional cost): exam entry fees, music tuition, sports kit, airport transfers, 1-2-1 tuition (if required), weekend trips, some after-school activities, (e.g. horse riding, golf), guardianship.
To apply or for more information, call our Admissions Team on 01823703737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can use the form below to contact us directly.