The NCUK International Foundation Year prepares international students for study in business-related disciplines at undergraduate level and offers an alternative pathway to University from the more traditional A Level or IB programmes.
The International Foundation Year provides students with a fast-track route onto hundreds of different Business-related undergraduate courses in British universities.
Not only do students receive an outstanding education in Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics, they also learn how to think critically and develop the necessary skills to become an autonomous learner, ready to take on the challenges of university life.
Upon successful completion of the International Foundation Year, students have guaranteed access to NCUK Universities, with access to thousands of degree courses. For a comprehensive list of NCUK universities and for further information on potential degree courses, please visit the NCUK website at www.ncuk.ac.uk
- Three terms of approximately 30 weeks, starting in September and ending in June
- 1 x Business Studies module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Economics module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Mathematics module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x EAP module (10 hours/week)
- Private study (10 hours/week)
- Over 1200 hours of directed and independent study per year
- Frequent and structured mentoring sessions with a personal tutor
- Students must be 17 or 18 years old (at the start of the course)
- IELTS 5.0 (or higher) or CEFR B2
- 1 A Level (grade E or higher) OR 5 GCSEs at Level 4 or above (Grade 5 in Mathematics) OR successful completion of 12 years of school education in own country
- Keen interest in the world of Business and Economics
- Maximum class size of 12 students
- Access to a wide range of sports, activities and excursions
- No uniform – students are expected to wear their own suits
- Full boarding in single room
- Personalised careers advice
- Guidance and support for university applications
- £12,750 per term (£38,250 per annum)
- What is included in the price: all learning materials, accommodation, 3 meals/day, laundry, wifi, most after-school activities, access to facilities on the 56-acre campus.
- What is not included in the price: exam entry fees, music tuition, sports kit, airport transfers, 1-2-1 tuition (if required), weekend trips, some after-school activities, (e.g. horse riding, golf), guardianship.
To apply or for more information, call our Admissions Team on 01823703737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can use the form below to contact us directly.