Offering all the comforts of a family environment, boarders call The Grange their home from home whilst pursuing their educational journey through Taunton School International Middle School.
Boarding plays a key role in our students’ exciting educational journey, helping them to cement lifelong friendships, build confidence and develop independence and self-resilience. A range of activities, sporting programmes, trips, excursions and cultural events help our students to integrate and broaden their horizons.
To ensure students settle in well and feel safe and happy, our dedicated staff provide a high level of pastoral care around the clock. We understand that this is, for many, their first time away from home and so we do all we can to develop a friendly, family atmosphere. Our staff are also passionate about supporting students with their academic needs too, ensuring they have every opportunity to achieve excellence.
We are very proud of the care we provide students boarding with us. Some key feature are:
- A friendly, safe and spacious campus, with lots of green, open space and clean country air
- Separate boarding houses for boys and girls
- Key card access for added security and peace of mind
- Spacious, attractive and well-furnished bedrooms with a maximum of four beds
- On-site medical care from our dedicated Matron with 24 hour access to the Taunton School Health Centre, with a team of doctors, nurses, sports physiotherapists and counsellors
- Every boarder has their own work station and electronic safe in which to keep their valuables
- Excellent telephone and wifi access throughout the boarding houses and the campus as a whole
- Laundry collected three times a week
- Provision for all dietary needs and requirements, with home-cooked food by our in-house catering department
- A large boarding house team of dedicated, experienced and qualified members of staff, including the Head of Pastoral Care, House Master, House Mistress, Matron and Graduate Resident Assistants
- No exeat weekends which means that during term time, students are able to stay in the boarding houses at all times, taking away the inconvenience of exeat weekends
- Access to outstanding facilities on the 56-acre campus, including the Carrington library, music school, theatre, two swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness suite, sports halls and much, much more
- Every weekend, an exciting variety of trips and activities are available, whether visiting nearby cities such as Bath, Exeter and Bristol or trying your hand at paintballing, water zorbing or mountain biking – there is something for everyone