About Taunton School International
Established in 1996 and located on the school campus, Taunton School International provides the very best opportunities a British private school education can provide. Our intensive one- and two-year GCSE/Pre-IB courses for students aged 14 – 16 years old thoroughly prepare British and International students for Sixth Form education in UK schools.
At Taunton School International, we provide a safe, happy and respectful environment in which we nurture, challenge and inspire young people of diverse nationalities to achieve their full potential, underpinned by outstanding pastoral care and support. It really is a remarkable place to live and to learn, with so many opportunities for personal development, both in and out of the classroom.
Students choose Taunton School International for many different reasons, some of which are highlighted below:
- A wealth of experience - we are one of the longest-running International Schools in the country, with over 20 years of experience and with this experience comes the outstanding pastoral care for every one of our students; we know that happy children lead successful lives.
- Integration – we know how important it is for our International students to integrate with their peers from the Senior School and we provide many ways for this to happen (see ‘Integration’ for further details)
- Wide range of subjects – we have the widest range of subjects compared to any other international school in the UK with over 20 different GCSEs to choose from (see ‘Curriculum and Subject Choices’ for further details)
- Diversity – we are truly international with often more than 30 nationalities represented in the school, enabling students to genuinely develop their understanding of other cultures
- Flexibility – students can join either the one-year or two-year GCSE programme and are able to choose the subjects they wish to study
- Specialist teachers - all of our teachers are highly qualified in their chosen subjects and they are also trained in teaching English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Small class sizes - averaging 8 per class and with a maximum of 10 students per class, teachers are able to provide a huge amount of individual support
- Academic rigour – regular testing and tracking means we are able to monitor student progress and to offer additional support where needed
- Outstanding results – our average pass rate (A* - C) at GCSE level is 85% over the past five years and in Academic IELTS, the majority of our students achieve level 6 or higher
- Individual care and support – with a maximum of 85 students on role, we are able to provide outstanding academic and pastoral support to every one of our students
- Convenient Location – being only a 10-minute walk to the town centre and just 1 hour 45 minutes from London, our students live and study in one of the safest and most beautiful regions of the UK
- Fantastic facilities – with 56 acres of campus at our disposal, we are fortunate to have facilities that are the envy of many schools (see ‘Facilities’ for further details).
- Co-curricular involvement – with over 100 clubs and societies to choose from and a superb range of weekend trips and events, there really is something for everyone (see 'Co-Curricular' for more details)
- Continuity of study – the ability to transfer to the Senior School to study A Levels or the IB Diploma after studying at TSI is a huge benefit to many of our students.
Taunton School International is unquestionably unique and we are proud of our outstanding offering which is designed to help the children of today to become the international leaders of tomorrow.