Nearly all of our students go on to study at Sixth Form level in a British Independent boarding school, with many securing places at Taunton Senior School to study A Levels, the IB Diploma or BTECs.
For those wishing to transfer to Taunton Senior School after their GCSEs at TSI, we make the process as simple and stress-free as possible, with a number of events in the Autumn term designed to provide our students with the best possible advice on their next steps.
These events include:
- Assemblies and PSHEE lessons to outline the different educational pathways that are available
- Sixth Form Information evening where students get the chance to speak to all of the subject teachers in the Senior School
- Presentations by the Head of IB and the Deputy Head Academic to explain the differences between the IB, A Levels and BTECs
- Scholarship meetings to explain how our students might go about applying for scholarships in the following areas: Academic, All Rounder, ICT, Design Technology, Computer Science, Drama, Music, Art, Sport
- Senior School Familiarisation Evenings where students have the opportunity to explore The Guvvy (our Sixth Form centre) and to meet with key members of staff at the Senior School to ask and answer any questions they might have
Informal interviews are held in mid-November, meaning that students will receive an offer of a Sixth Form place before the Christmas break.
For those who are not successful in their initial application to Taunton School Sixth Form, there is a second round of interviews held in early February.
Note that students who show exceptional academic &/or co-curricular talent may be offered a position at Taunton School within 4 weeks of the start of the Autumn term.
If students wish to apply to other schools for their Sixth Form study, we are happy to guide, advise and assist students, parents, guardians and agents in choosing an alternative educational pathway, whether that is in the UK or abroad.
For more information on our Sixth Form, click here.