Junior Academic Summer School
£2,650 per course
The Junior Academic course is for students aged between 8 and 12 years old.
The course offers young students a fun and hands on learning experience. It is designed to engage young learners, encourage their creativity, develop their study skills and enhance their English.
Aimed at encouraging experiential and thematic learning, students will spend at least one afternoon per week outside the classroom on project work in the local environment.
Class sizes are small averaging eight students per class (maximum 12). Students are taught by many of our year-round subject-specialist teachers providing the highest quality education.
The course is ideal as a stand-alone course for students who wish to boost their English level and academic skills or for those wishing to enter into the British independent school system.
- Three hours of English lessons each day, designed to develop students’ proficiency in four skills areas of the English language: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Two hours each day of highly practical and hands on tuition in subjects including Science, Mathematics, Geography, History, Art, ICT and Business Studies.
- Enrichment activities including creative writing, Student United Nations, leadership and team building skills, pronunciation, public speaking, problem solving, study and examination skills and language games.
- Leisure activities and trips each afternoon and evening including archery, climbing, zorbing, cookery, ICT, board games and sports (tennis, football, swimming, basketball, hockey, cricket, fencing etc.).
- Excursions including London, Oxford, Stratford upon Avon, The Eden Project, Bristol, Exeter, Stonehenge, Bath and Crealy.
In the evenings, students enjoy a full and varied recreational timetable with sports and activities to complement their learning.
Excursions are seen as an integral part of the Summer School programme and are included at weekends. Our trips are designed to extend the classroom curriculum and to provide exciting and enriching cultural experiences.