Senior Academic Summer School
£2,650 per course
The Senior Academic course is for students aged between 13 and 17 years old.
The course is aimed at all those aspiring and motivated students who want to be challenged and have a deeper learning experience.
Each day in classes, students are taught three hours of intensive English with two hours of academic subjects and we expect our students to be ambitious and willing to work hard.
Class sizes are small averaging eight students per class (maximum 12). Students are taught by many of our year-round subject-specialist teachers providing the highest quality education.
Classes focus on academic rigour and are complimented by lessons and lectures involving motivational speakers and study skills practice.
- Three hours of English lessons each day, designed to develop students’ proficiency in four skills areas of the English language: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Two hours each day of highly practical and hands on tuition in subjects including Science, Mathematics, Geography, History, Art, ICT and Business Studies.
- Enrichment activities including creative writing, Student United Nations, leadership and team building skills, pronunciation, public speaking, problem solving, study and examination skills and language games.
- Leisure activities and trips each evening including archery, climbing, zorbing, cookery, ICT, board games and sports (tennis, football, swimming, basketball, hockey, cricket, fencing etc.).
- Excursions including London, Oxford, Stratford upon Avon, The Eden Project, Bristol, Exeter, Stonehenge, Bath and Croyde (surfing).
In the evenings, students enjoy a full and varied recreational timetable with sports and activities to complement their learning.
Excursions are seen as an integral part of the Summer School programme and are included at weekends. Our trips are designed to extend the classroom curriculum and to provide exciting and enriching cultural experiences.