This year is our Headmaster’s final year at Taunton School. Mr Glaser has done a huge amount to impact the education of thousands of children while ensuring that every child is welcomed, nurtured and set to succeed in a global community.
The Headmaster has had, and continues to have, a huge impact on the lives of so many students, parents and teachers at Taunton School. The community now want to mark the impact of his time at the school and express their gratitude for his hard work, care and humour.
Instead of a leaving gift, Mr Glaser has asked parents to support two important school projects. Both projects will make a difference to the experience of current and future pupils at Taunton School while also providing supporters with the opportunity to Leave Their Mark on the school by adding their family’s or a loved one’s name onto a plaque, tree or table.
Transformation of the Senior School library: The first project is to move the Carrington Library to the heart of the school. The new library will be a much larger space and include new silent study pods and areas for group work. The work is due to start early in the Spring term and will be finished for use by Autumn 2022.
We want to offer supporters the opportunity to sponsor specific elements within the library that will be used by generations of pupils at Taunton School:
- Donors who make a gift of £200 or more to the project can choose to have their name, or that of a loved one, included on a plaque in a prominent location in the new library.
- Donors who make a gift of £500 or more can name an individual desk in the library.
- Donors who make a gift of £1,000 or more can name their own study pod.
- Donors who make a gift of £10,000 or more can choose to name a section of the library or group study area.
- We are also looking for a leadership level donation of £25,000 or more. This donor can choose to have their name, or that of a loved one, etched upon the glass entrance to the new library.
Creating a ‘living entrance’ to the school: Over the Easter holidays we plan to enhance and improve the school’s main entrance, with new flowerbeds and the planting of seasoned trees. These changes will make a tremendous difference to the everyday experience of current and future pupils, as well as parents and visitors.
We want to offer supporters the opportunity to sponsor specific trees and elements of the green border that will grow with the school for generations.
- Donors who make a gift of £200 or more to the project can choose to have their name, or that of a loved one, included on a plaque within a planting area.
- Donors who make a gift of £500 or more can sponsor a specific young tree.
- Donors who make a gift of £1,000 or more can sponsor a specific seasoned tree.
The number of desks, trees, learning pods and doors are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis.