Hockey is part of the school games curriculum from Year 2 to Year 8 for both boys and girls. The Preparatory School programme runs parallel to the Senior School programme and is headed by our Director of Hockey Elliot Foweraker. Girls play hockey as their main sport in the autumn and boys focus on hockey as their main sport in the spring, though the School also possesses clubs that allow pupils to play all year round in their non-hockey term. We play in all England Hockey National Schools Competitions and IAPS competitions, in both of which we have been National Finalists with various age groups in the last few years.
We offer a range of sessions, including age group and ability differentiated sessions with a focus on Long Term Athlete Development for all players. The school has excellent facilities including access to three astroturf pitches and our own indoor hall where we are introducing the game of indoor hockey to pupils as young as Year 6. We support the England Hockey player pathway, regularly sending pupils to trials for both JDC and JAC selections. We boast a great range of expert coaches with years of both Prep and Senior experience who deliver an excellent programme for pupils of all abilities.
Director of Hockey – Mr Elliot Foweraker
Elliot Foweraker oversees the Boys’ and Girls’ hockey programme from Year 3 to 13 across the school, delivering a unified programme that caters for all levels of individuals and performers.
Elliot has recently completed Euro Hockey’s Top Coaches Programme, a two year course where he was the only English coach of his cohort and was graded Excellent. He also completed both the FIH Level 3 Course and FIH Indoor High Performance course.
‘The Top Coaches Programme targets the best aspiring young talented coaches from across Europe’ EuroHockey
- Currently an England Hockey DiSE (Diploma in Sporting Excellence) Coach, where he works with aspiring National players, as well as Coaching at the Taunton Performance Centre.
- Has coached a range of players who have played national and international level.
- Coached at every level of the England Hockey Player Pathway, including Futures Cup, winning this in 2013.
- Has coached clubs, school & university teams including West Premiership level.
- An ex-National League hockey player.