The NCUK International Foundation Year prepares international students for study in business-related disciplines at undergraduate level and offers an alternative pathway to University from the more traditional A Level or IB programmes.
Designed by universities exclusively for international students, the NCUK International Foundation Year combines academic modules, study skills and English language training to provide a pathway to undergraduate degree courses at leading universities in the UK and around the world.
Students study at Taunton School International and as the International Foundation Year is completed in just 10 months, it provides students with a fast-track route onto Business-related undergraduate courses.
Not only do students receive an outstanding education in Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics, they also learn how to think critically and use English for academic purposes and develop the necessary skills to become an autonomous learner, ready to take on the challenges of university life.
- Students must be 17 or 18 years old (at the start of the course)
- IELTS ≥ 5.5 or CEFR ≥ B2
- 1 A Level (grade E or higher) OR 2 AS Levels (Grade E or higher) OR 5 GCSEs at Level 4 or above (Grade 5 in Mathematics) OR successful completion of 12 years of school education
- Where no external Mathematics qualification has been achieved, students will need to sit and pass an internally-assessed Mathematics test
- Keen interest in Business Studies and preferably, have studied this subject (or similar) to approximately GCSE level
- Three terms of approximately 30 weeks, starting in September and ending in June
- 1 x Business Studies module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Mathematics (for Business) module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x Economics module (5 hours/week)
- 1 x English for Academic Purposes module (10 hours/week)
- 650 hours of directed study
- 450 hours (minimum) of additional independent study
- Frequent and structured mentoring sessions with a personal tutor
- Maximum class size of 12 students
- Personalised careers advice
- Guidance and support for university applications
- Sport on Tuesdays &/or Thursdays (students are able to choose their sport/activity)
- No uniform – students are expected to wear their own suits
Upon successful completion of the IFY, students have a guaranteed place at one of over 40 universities in the UK and abroad, offering our students hundreds of undergraduate courses to choose from and in multiple disciplines.
For further information on NCUK, please click here.
For further support and advice, please contact our Admissions Team, who will be happy to help you with any questions you might have or to take you through the application process.
Meet some of our IFY students here.