There are 8 boarding houses across Taunton School accommodating around 400 boarders, each with its own unique style and character, providing a warm and welcoming home-from-home environment.
Each boarding house has a Housemaster or Housemistress (HM) as well as an Assistant Housemaster/mistress (AHM), supported by Graduate Resident Assistants (GRAs), Tutors, Matrons and a domestic team.
The HM takes overall responsibility for the welfare of the boarders under their charge and will usually be the first point of contact for parents. Their aim is to create a safe, nurturing and supportive atmosphere to allow the boarders in their care to flourish.
Common features of our boarding houses:
- Spacious, attractive and well-furnished bedrooms
- Separate boarding houses for boys and girls (boys and girls are on separate floors at Thone)
- Key card access for added security and peace of mind
- Bedrooms are largely singles or twins with some triple rooms (rooms can be larger for our youngest students)
- 24 hour medical care with our on-site Health Centre, with a team of doctors, nurses, sports physiotherapist and counsellors.
- Every boarder has their own work station and electronic safe in which to keep their valuables
- Excellent Wi-Fi access throughout the boarding houses and the campus as a whole
- No exeat weekends for senior students which means that during term time, students are able to stay in the boarding houses at all times
- Access to outstanding facilities on the 56-acre campus, including the Carrington library, music school, theatre, two swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness suite, sports halls and much, much more
- Every weekend, an exciting variety of trips and activities are available
Find out more about our Admissions process here.