Every student with a parent who lives overseas must have an adult guardian in the UK who is responsible for them during their studies at Taunton School and it is the parents’ responsibility to find a suitable guardian for their child.
The guardian will:
- Provide 24 hour contact for parents, students and the school in case of emergency
- Liaise with the school and parents to make the necessary travel and accommodation arrangements during school holidays.
- Ensure students under the age of 16 are accompanied by an adult to and from their place of departure
- Be available to attend school functions and meet staff to discuss student’s progress
- Communicate routinely with the school regarding the welfare of the student