Every student with a parent who lives overseas must have an adult guardian in the UK who is responsible for them during their studies at Taunton School.
The guardian will:
- Provide 24 hour contact for parents, students and the school in case of emergency
- Liaise with the school and parents to make the necessary travel and accommodation arrangements during school holidays.
- Ensure students under the age of 16 are accompanied by an adult to and from their place of departure
- Be available to attend school functions and meet staff to discuss student’s progress
- Communicate routinely with the school regarding the welfare of the student